- Ph.D., Anthropology, UC Santa Cruz
- B.A., Linguistics, Stanford University
- B.S., Earth Systems, Stanford University
Ecological discourses and practices; atmospheres; human-nonhuman relations; scale, specificity, exemplarity; Hong Kong & U.S.
- Ecologies of Comparison. 2011. Durham: Duke University Press. 2011
- Tending to Suspension: Abstraction and Apparatuses of Atmospheric Attunement in Matsutake Worlds. 2018. Social Analysis. 62(4): pp 54-77.
- Distribution. forthcoming. in Anthropocene Unseen: A Lexicon. Cymene Howe and Anand Pandian, eds. Punctum Books.
- Condition -- Suspension. co-authored with Jerry Zee. 2017. Cultural Anthropology. 30(2). pp. 210-223.
- Air's Substantiations. 2012. In Kaushik Sunder Rajan (ed.), Lively Capital. Duke University Press
- Mycorrhizal relations: A mushroom manifesto. 2009. Mogu Mogu (pen name for Timothy Choy and Shiho Satsuka) In Matsutake Worlds Research Group, ed. A new form of collaboration in cultural anthropology: Matsutake worlds. American Ethnologist, 36:2. p.380-403.
- Articulated knowledges: Environmental forms after universality's demise. 2005. American Anthropologist. 107(1) pp 5-18.
- Rachel Carson Prize of the Society for Social Studies of Science; 2013
- Honorable Mention, Gregory Bateson Prize, presented by the Society for Cultural Anthropology, 2012